Our Parish Priest, The Very Reverend Protopresbyter Fr. Anastasios D. Salapatas, and his family, celebrate today their 20th Anniversary of Service in our Sacred Parish of St. Panteleimon. They arrived here on 14th June 1993.
They had previously served at the historic Hellenic Community of St. Nicholas in Cardiff of South Wales, which had been established in 1873 by Greek sailors.
The Leaders and the people of St. Panteleimon had embraced Fr. Anastasios and his family from the very beginning, establishing with them good communication and excellent co-operation.
In the first hours of their being in our Community many people, both male and female, had visited the new Priest and his young family, offering flowers, smiles and sincere love, on which they had built a very successful and fruitful relationship. Some of those people are no longer with us, having been moved to the Triumphant Church in the Heavens.
From the very next day Fr. Anastasios and his family started their dedicated Service in our Community, in the Church, at our Greek School, visiting the sick at the local hospitals… Our Community hadn’t acquired at the time its own Ecclesiastical and Community premises. Today it has! We worked all together very hard over the next years in order to purchase and secure them for our own use.
With the help, the blessing, the enlightenment and the inspiration from our Holy God we will continue our way forward and we are certain that we will succeed even greater targets, reaching high aims, to the glory of our Great Poet and Maker and to the spiritual benefit of all the members and friends of our progressive Community!